We are happy to announce that after Poznań in Poland, Bielefeld in Germany, Tilburg in the Netherlands and Nantes in France, GESPIN is back in Poznań. GESPIN is confessed mostly to studies of gesture and speech in interpersonal interaction.
Scope and contributions
The scope of the conference includes but is not limited to the following topics:
- Multimodal models of cognition and utterance production and perception in face-to-face communication
- Semiosis in multimodal utterances
- Speech and gesture: grammars and lexicons
- Coordination and timing relationship between gesture and speech
- Relationship between and integration of speech prosody and gesture
- Cross-modal analysis of multimodal utterances
- Multimodal and multilingual corpora
- Tools and schemes for gesture annotation and analysis
- Speech and gesture modelling and generation
- Gesture recognition in humans and machines
- Gesture and speech in conversation
- Speech and gesture production and perception: behavioural and neuroscientific studies
- Multimodal language learning and teaching
- Gesture and speech in child development
Contributors are invited to submit full papers (6 pages maximum) written in English. Papers will be sent to two reviewers and final selection will be discussed collectively by the local organising committee. Proceedings will be published as a special issue of Journal of Multimodal Communication Studies and will be available at the Conference. After the Conference, extended versions of selected papers will be published in a highly ranked linguistic journal. We also invite contributors to propose workshops or special sessions. (Details should be discussed with the Organising Committee.)
Papers should be submitted in PDF format. The formatting details have been specified in the GESPIN 2017 Author’s package. The package includes templates in Open/Libre Office .ODT, Microsoft .DOC, and Adobe PDF formats. Only original papers, not submitted/published elsewhere are invited.
Paper submission is supported by EasyChair.
See Important dates.
Venue: Poznań, Poland, Adam Mickiewicz University, Colllegium Novum, Al. Niepodległości 4, 61-874 Poznań.
In case of any doubts please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
On behalf of GESPIN2017 Organising Committee,
Maciej Karpiński & Małgorzata Fabiszak